Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Writing can be . . . . FUN!!!

I've had a couple of great writing days! As you know, I've been following Wendy Belcher's book, How to Write an Academic Article in Twelve Weeks and I am having more fun with it the second time around. Last week's edit (I'm a week late now!) is to reorganize your article.

I outlined my article according to what actually happened as opposed to what I thought happened and that was eye-opening. I sorted out that the structure of my article did not comport with my argument. Which means that my current draft needs work.

I remembered that I used to storyboard chapters when I was in grad school and decided to do that again. I labeled each paragraph according to what it did and created a matching index card. I then taped the paragraph to the card.



Very revealing! I can then rearrange the order, delete cards, and write my comments about what the structure needs to be on the back of the cards! I'M LOVING THIS!




I love writing. But these past couple of days have been FUN!!

Just sayin'!

No comments: