Monday, December 8, 2014

Academic Writing Again

Hmmm, I'm starting to think I need a day with an extra 5 - 6 hours. The end of the semester is nigh and this only means major crunch time. Unfortunately, I'm still grading midterm exams (aaaargh!), I have a job letter due a week from today, and I need to get the article submitted to a journal STAT!

No pressure, no pressure. I'll leave out my son's ballroom dancing, just getting through teaching, and the rest of it, but oh my! I'm not sleeping as much as I should and I'm not eating much (not much time to do that), but I'm eating crap because I'm tired.

I still love working on this article. I'm still completely psyched about it. I am still integrating my colleagues comments, they have given me much to think about and I can tell it's much better. But in the very limited time that I have this week, I have to finish incorporating their edits, rework my abstract, fix citations, check sentence structure . . . oooooh, very tired. Also, this article will be my writing sample for the job I'm applying for. No pressure, no pressure.

The Belcher book is ridiculously helpful. And stressful . . . so much to do, so little time. No pressure, no pressure.

Just sayin'.

No comments: